1. Some procedures require a bowel prep. Please read and follow all instructions regarding this prep and refer all questions to your physician’s office prior to the day before your procedure.
2. Bring a list of all current medications including insulin, over the counter, herbals or creams as well as a list of allergies
3. Bring a copy of any custody papers or power of attorney documents that involve the patient
4. Bring a copy of your insurance card and a picture ID such as your driver’s license
5. Take your heart, breathing (asthma), seizure, gastric reflux, high blood pressure medicine or any long term pain control medicine you take on a daily basis with a small sip of water the morning of your procedure UNLESS you have been told NOT to do so by your physician or physician’s office.
6. REMOVE ALL jewelry including anklets and toe rings before coming to the facility
7. REMOVE ALL body piercing before coming to the facility
8. Bathe or shower the morning of surgery and brush your teeth.
9. Wear loose, comfortable clothing as some procedures require removal of all clothing including underwear
10. Wear your glasses or bring a case and solution for storing any contact lens
11. Bring a favorite toy or blanket for younger patients
12. Bring a responsible adult to be with you and to drive you home. Verification of a responsible adult will be made prior to your being admitted to the surgery center. If responsible adult verification cannot be made, your procedure will be cancelled.
13. Notify your doctor if you take Coumadin, Plavix or any other blood thinner
14. Notify your doctor and our staff if you have an insulin pump. Your doctor will determine if and when it needs to be disconnected. Please bring any supplies necessary to reconnect the pump.
15. Notify your doctor and our staff if you have any internal or external devices such as pacemakers or defibrillators.
16. Notify your doctor and our staff IMMEDIATELY if you suspect you are pregnant
17. Notify your doctor and our staff of any changes in your health, even minor changes such as a cold or fever
IF YOU ARE LATE or cannot keep your appointment, please notify us by calling 205-838-3888.