Director of Nursing for Surgical Services – 4/12/2017
Outpatient Services East is a high volume, fast-paced, multi-specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) in Birmingham, Alabama looking for a dedicated, experienced, and quality-driven Director of Nursing for OR services to join our patient care team.
Job Requirements include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing – Required
- Current Alabama RN license – Required
- CPR and ACLS certification – Required
- RN with operating room experience preferred.
- Experience with the Joint Commission Accreditation CMS Conditions of Participation, and OSHA, regulations preferred.
- Strong operations background with a positive track record for improving clinical outcomes.
- Director level experience in an ASC preferred.
Surgery Center Hours: M-F, No holidays, No call, no weekends
Case load: This state-of-the-art outpatient surgery facility sees anywhere from 600 to 700 patients each month in its 6 ORs and 2 Procedure Rooms.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
The Director of Nursing Surgical Services is a clinically involved and clinically focused leader, responsible and accountable for all aspects of clinical care delivery at the ASC, in collaboration with the ASC Medical Director. The DON Surgical Services leads a team of nursing and clinical support staff with positivity, presence, and professionalism to support a workplace culture of excellence in care and service, mutual accountability, professionalism, and engagement. The DON Surgical Services plans, oversees implementation, evaluates and modifies the clinical care activities for the Ambulatory Surgery Center OR services to assure excellence in delivery of care and service.
The DON Surgical Services will oversee all daily operations for this multi-specialty Surgery Center, which provides comprehensive services related to General Surgery, Bariatrics, Pain Management, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Urology, Gynecology and ENT. They will collaborate with the Administrator, Medical Director and Management Team to devise new programs and more efficient processes while promoting business opportunities.
Manages and directs the day-to-day nursing and clinical support staff operations of the ASC OR services to most effectively and efficiently care for patients having surgical procedures. Ultimately, is responsible for assuring the delivery of excellent, safe, patient-centered and service-oriented care to patients and their families and service excellence to all internal and external customers at the ASC.
- Oversees the delivery of patient care by all nursing and clinical support staff within the ASC. Assures that performance standards for all staff are met.
- Focuses on monitoring and continually improving day to day care activities, processes and department culture to assure excellence in quality, safety, efficiency, effectiveness and service. Is physically present and participating in patient care activities on a routine and frequent basis.
- Ensures pre-operative, surgical, and post-operative services are in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies. Ensures adherence to Surgery Center policies, procedures, and infection control and safety programs.
- Assures the provision of a safe, clean, presentable surgical environment to patients/customers.
- Provides/assures appropriate response and timely resolution of concerns from internal and external customers.
- Instills a culture of professionalism, service, care, safety, quality and joy amongst all members of the team. Holds team members accountable to these values.
- Leads team building activities. Demonstrably supportive of staff to create a fully engaged, empowered, and joyful team.
- Delegates effectively to engage and empower staff, but maintains knowledge and oversight of all activities.
- Recruits, trains, evaluates, develops, and as necessary, disciplines and/or terminates subordinate staff. Establishes trusting relationships with staff and is a ‘staff champion’.
- Promotes teamwork by building a team environment and fostering cross-functional collaboration.
- Participates with the Perioperative leadership team in strategic and operational planning.
- Develops departmental policies and procedures and participates in the review of other OSE policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Maintains currency in knowledge of evidence based care and standards related to perioperative nursing and leadership.
This position is eligible for all our full-time benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, PTO and 401K with match!
Interested applicants please complete an application at www.osesurg.com and attach your resume.
OR Registered Nurse
Need a Full-time OR RN, M-F, 6:00-finish. Need previous OR background. All benefits available. Please apply on-line at www.osesurg.com and attach resume.
Don’t see the job you are looking for?
You can still submit your resume and contact information so we can keep it on file.
Please click on the button below to begin your application process.