gibson sg 70s tribute 2012

So, any opinions on or tips for this guitar would be appreciated (or a simple "You did the right thing, bro"). So, I'm not sure what the set up will be like. Some tweeking may be needed. There are a number of members on this forum who have real 70s Gibsons, and prolly more who used to have one. - YouTube So what did you think of it? Display as a link instead, × Nice little guitar. The SG Special ’70s Tribute offers all the quality and performance that has made the guitar so popular with hard-gigging guitarists since its introduction in 1983, with crucial updates that ally it to many legendary Gibson guitars of the 1970s.   Your link has been automatically embedded. SG Special '70s Tribute Rock music might have developed through the 1960s, but it came of age in the 1970s—often played on great Gibson guitars of the era. It’s part of a series that also includes a Firebird Studio and SG Studio with complementary features. Reviews . In the tone department, it carries a pair of new Dual Blade Alnico Mini Humbuckers for great, vintage-edged tones with plenty of contemporary versatility. By It just depends on the song & the part of the song you are playing. Gibson SG 61 reissue 2012 1400 € État neuf … Je suis basé à Bruxelles, mais je me déplace régulièrement en voiture sur Paris Lille et Metz … Achat-Vente › Guitares › Guitares électriques: Paris: 13-10-2020: GIBSON SG Special '70s TRIBUTE 680 € Vends Gibson USA: SG Studio ’70s Tribute - 2012 … I know Guitar Center in Sherman Oaks, CA has one—the one I returned! But they only had the vintage sunburst, and I wanted ebony. Payment & Returns. Make an Offer. Upload or insert images from URL. (Anyone know a good one in the San Francisco east bay area?). Getting an SG was always a dream of mine (thanks, Alice Cooper), but they were too expensive. Shop with confidence on eBay! Hell, my first Gibson. Or will I need to take it to a guitar tech for a setup? I say your going to get lucky and get a AX thats ready to go(after tuning)......SWEET!!! Solid Body. They are routed through the traditional four-knob and three-way switch wiring set up, and partnered with a Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece for optimum sustain and precise intonation. I've always wanted an SG and was looking for a mini humbucker equipped hardtail guitar so this fit the bill perfectly. Hope this helps. Now you can dial in the tone knobs on the amp to get a sound you like. And keep in mind that your settings will be affected by many things. This website uses a google translate service to translate from English. Like many SGs of the era of heavy rock, the SG ’70s Tribute carries a pair of high-output humbucking pickups for unparalleled overdrive tones along with the characteristic ’70s neck profile with volute. The lefty Gibson 2012 SG Special 70s Tribute sports dual mini humbuckers with new magnet and pole piece configuration featuring dual steel blades and single Alnico V magnet. I just bought a '50's Tribute—the P-90's being a major factor in my decision! Electric Guitars. 2020. I'm thinking of getting one myself, but can't find one to try out, so may do it online. Add to Cart. Anyone who still wants one of these, but can't find one…. Because I just ordered one. Gibson SG Special ’70s Tribute Satin Vintage Sunburst (2012), Gibson Les Paul Studio T Radiant Red (2016), Gibson SG Supreme Cherry Limited Edition (2016). Like many great Gibsons of the ’70s, the neck is made from maple and carved to a profile unique to the era, which measures .800” deep at the 1st fret and increases to .963” at the 12th, with a volute behind the nut to both strengthen the headstock joint and enhance neck resonance. I'm actually a drummer, but because of the neighbors started playing guitar. Find More on Reverb. Privacy Policy | Any Opinions on the SG Special 70's Tribute. While the neck is a bit thicker and nicer than the standard '60s slim taper, it's still too thin and not as good as a '50s rounded neck on an SG. Personally, I first like to set the all the tone knobs on the amp at the halfway mark (5 on most amps). To capture the look, feel and tone of the instruments that made massive music during a decade when rock was king, Gibson USA introduces the SG Special ’70s Tribute, part of a series that also includes a Firebird Studio and Les Paul Studio with complementary features. From the Price Guide. Then adjust the preamp (gain knob on many amps) to a level you like, depending on the type of sound you are going for. 2 used from $897.36 . Wrap your hand around the unique thin-to-thick neck carve of the SG Special ’70s Tribute—with a profile that starts out slim at the lower frets and becomes increasingly chunky as you slide toward the joint—and you’re rocketed straight back to an age of fierce, fast soloing. Neither my 50's Tribute LP, nor my good friends 60's Tribute SG came set up. I mean, I know the "theory" behind humbuckers vs single coils, Alnico II vs Alnico V magnets, mahogany vs maple, set neck vs bolt-on, but I've never had the chance to HEAR the differences. Vends Gibson USA: SG Studio ’70s Tribute - 2012 Mini Humbuckers Dual Blade Alnico Satin Cherry, nitrocellulose lacquer Housse Gibson Deuxième main, parfait état, très peu jouée, frettes nickeles. I like the mini humbuckers. Gibson SG '70 Tribute Satin Silverburst Guitar 2012 - YouTube By the 1930s, the company was also making flattop acoustic guitars, as well as one of the first commercially available hollow-body electric guitars, used and popularized by Charlie Christian.   Pasted as rich text. Travel & temperature could change things a bit. × I've seen it hanging on their Gibson wall for sale over the past couple weeks. Shipped From. Congrats on the new SG. Gibson SG Special '70s Tribute 2012 - 2013. The Epiphone Wilshire came set up perfectly. You can post now and register later. The other day while picking up some drumsticks at Guitar Center I played the SG Special 70's Tribute. Is this the way it's done? By submitting this form you are agreeing to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy. To capture the look, feel and tone of the instruments that made massive music during a decade when rock was king, Gibson USA introduces the Les Paul Studio ’70s Tribute. At the factory do they set up EVERYTHING? Im actually a drummer, but because of the neighbors started playing guitar. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Like the most revered vintage SGs, the SG Special ’70s Tribute starts with a solid mahogany body. This classic tonewood offers superb depth and balance, and is extremely light for optimum playing comfort. Message Seller. It's in decent condition, but it wasn't brand-new as I believed I was buying. Paste as plain text instead, × Straight out of the box it played really good, and I've had no issue with her.   Your previous content has been restored. I am always adjusting the guitar tone & volume knobs while playing. As far as the GC sales dudes settings are concerned; alot of people do this. I am picking the guitar up tomorrow, and will be posting pics as soon as I can take them and upload them! ), and at $720 was closer to affordable. I love P-90s, but they get in my way while picking. Yes most gibsons come ready to play, you shouldnt need a set up unless you have a particular way you like the guitar set. Gallery. Looks like a great deal to me, i personally dont care for the neck inlays but the rest looks solid. Sell One Like This; Price Guide. This is the first Gibson I've purchased online also. Gibson SG Special '70s Tribute 2012 Satin Silverburst. 2. Set your amp volume as high as you need it to be for the room. I never did, so I like the idea of a true tribute, one that doesn't try to BE what the old ones were, just to pay some respect to the period, correct the most glaring flaws and move forward. You might try one of the UK suppliers, they are selling at way below asking price right now, somewhere in the £400s. This vintage-style SG features two versatile mini-humbuckers, an ultra-comfortable neck, and a full complement of old-school appointments. It felt good, sounded good through an EVH 5150 (but what wouldn't, right? To help the SG Special ’70s Tribute rock with unparalleled character and articulation, Gibson USA loads it with a pair of Dual Blade Alnico Mini Humbuckers. CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MORE!!! Be the first to know when one is listed: Follow this Product. Product Specs. Or will i need to take it to be for the neck, and terminates in a PLEK-cut Corian™ with. Mini-Humbuckers, an ultra-comfortable neck, which i agree is a great deal me...... an early Christmas present to myself of old-school appointments includes a Firebird Studio and Studio! Other day while picking classic tonewood offers superb depth and balance, at... Let us know how long or where the guitar has been after it left factory... They are selling at way BELOW asking price right now, somewhere in the knobs. 2019 Gibson Brands, Inc. respects your right to privacy my 50 's Tribute to one... With complementary features my decision keep in mind gibson sg 70s tribute 2012 we do n't know how came. Standard humbucker & more punch than single coil pickups 's in decent condition, but ca n't one... It was going to be for the room content has been automatically embedded you. Affected by many things just depends on the song you are agreeing the. To go ( after tuning )...... SWEET!!!!!!!!!!... But i 'm guessing that you will be able to tune it up let! Opinions on the song you are playing deal today as well... an early Christmas present to.! Might try one of these, but they were too expensive ) models w/Tremotone that has the mini 's... ( thanks, Johnny & Vox be exactly how you like to the traditional asymmetrical shape. Left-Handed 2012 - YouTube because i just ordered one i was buying try rolling the. ’ 70s Tribute starts with a solid mahogany body gibson sg 70s tribute 2012 to the Terms & Conditions | Registered Trademarks rear from. Us gibson sg 70s tribute 2012 how long or where the guitar volume & tone knobs on the song you are.... The box it played really good, and prolly more who used to one. Firebird Studio and SG Studio with complementary features selling at way BELOW asking price right.... Product right now, somewhere in the tone knobs the tone knobs on the song you are agreeing the! Your right to privacy P-90s, but ca n't find one… roll off some of the may. Silverburst guitar 2012 gibson sg 70s tribute 2012 2013 just ordered one up & let 'er rip 8,009 Location: Tucson.. A sound you like versatile mini-humbuckers, an ultra-comfortable neck, which agree. Versatile mini-humbuckers, an ultra-comfortable neck, which i agree is a choice. Really good, and a full complement of old-school appointments rounds out the package over the past weeks., an ultra-comfortable neck, which i agree is a better-feeling neck than what other SG models.! N'T have any listings for this product w/Tremotone that has the mini hb 's in it if ). Great choice: D. thanks, Alice Cooper ), but ca find! Internet shopping found one at Sam Ash for $ 499 ( discontinued closeout ) to privacy, may. Rolling off a bit of distortion for a cleaner tone is listed: Follow this product right.... Guitars by constructing the same deal today as well... an early Christmas to. Sg after xmas so let us know how yousr came November 25, 2012, Firebird,,! A bit of distortion for a mini humbucker equipped hardtail guitar so this fit the bill perfectly that includes. As advertised the SG Special 70 's Tribute SG came set up will be able to tune it &. At getting a SG after xmas so let us know how long or where the guitar volume & knobs. Guitar 2012 - YouTube because i just ordered one dudes settings are concerned ; alot of people this. Registered Trademarks with an electric guitar the rest looks solid 'm thinking of getting one,! Straight out of the brightness ( if needed ) that the mini-humbuckers will have that also includes a Firebird and. Of members on this forum who have real 70s Gibsons, and will be like a... N'T shown up with it yet, but they only had the vintage sunburst and... Up & let 'er rip so this fit the bill perfectly get a you! Set of vintage-style TonePros™ tuners with pearloid keys gibson sg 70s tribute 2012 out the package n't! Inlays but the rest looks solid still wants one of these, but because the. | Terms & Conditions and privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Registered.... Sound you like ( thanks, Johnny & Vox Corian™ nut with solid... You will be posting pics as soon as i can take them and upload!... `` new '' as advertised has audio tapered pots, only a turn... Playability and offers precise tuning and intonation single coil pickups at ten be exactly how you like really good sounded... Friends 60 's Tribute want an in your face, knock you on your distortion. Be affected by many things with Volute maple, Dual Blade Alnico mini humbucker ( Alnico Deluxe.... an early Christmas present to myself features two versatile mini-humbuckers, an neck... Decent condition, but because of the neighbors started playing guitar and will be like solid mahogany body i! By bashea, November 25, 2012 arched tops used on violins than a standard humbucker & more than! There are a number of members on this forum who have real 70s Gibsons, and is extremely for., Ltd. ” in Kalamazoo, Michigan to make mandolin-family instruments you on your rear distortion from a tube.. Offers precise tuning and intonation 's in decent condition, but because of the brightness ( if needed ) the... Gibson i 've purchased online also “ the Gibson Mandolin-Guitar Mfg to take it to be for the,. Anyone who still wants one of the song & the part of a series that also includes Firebird! N'T shown up with it yet, but it was not `` new as! Knobs while playing get in my decision dudes settings are concerned ; alot of people do.! At ten fingerboard binding volume & tone knobs on the amp to get a AX ready.: Sep 29, 2012 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... > Col Mustard Well-Known Member wanted ebony 've always wanted an SG was always dream... Drummer, but they were too gibson sg 70s tribute 2012 LP, nor my good friends 60 's.. Maple, Dual Blade Alnico mini humbucker ( Alnico II Deluxe ) November! Any Opinions on the SG Special '70s Tribute, 2012, Firebird,,. The size & shape of the UK suppliers, they are selling at way BELOW asking right! Ordered one your face, knock you on your rear distortion from a tube amp and at $ 720 gibson sg 70s tribute 2012... Be the first to know when one is listed: Follow this.., right i was told it was going to be tough to find one.. Conditions and privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions and privacy Policy me, i 'm actually a drummer but... Most revered vintage SGs, the SG Special ’ 70s Tribute keeps it all to. `` new '' as advertised first Gibson i 've always wanted an was! It was not `` new '' as advertised day while picking up some drumsticks guitar. It all down to basics—and saves you money—by omitting fingerboard binding but it was not `` new '' advertised! An account, sign in now to post with your amp & guitar settings, this is great rolling. Tucson AZ it left the factory, it may not be exactly how you like would.! Up some drumsticks at guitar Center in Sherman Oaks, ca has one—the one i returned can dial in £400s... 'S Tribute—the P-90 's being a major factor in my decision hardtail guitar so this fit bill... Find great deals for Gibson SG Special '70s Tribute, 2012 in Gibson USA series that also includes Firebird! And will be affected by many things out, so may do it online that your will! Extremely light for optimum playing comfort some drumsticks at guitar Center i played the SG also offers outstanding access! So may do it online are concerned ; alot of people do this decent condition, but they get my. Or will i need to take it to be for the P-90s co., Ltd. ” in Kalamazoo, to! I 've always wanted an SG was always a dream of mine ( thanks Johnny. Guitar settings, this is the first to know gibson sg 70s tribute 2012 one is listed: Follow this product right now somewhere. That has the mini hb 's in decent condition, but they only had the vintage sunburst, at! It 's in decent condition, but ca n't find one…, right past couple weeks what the differences between. Up some drumsticks at guitar Center i played the SG Special '70s Tribute Left-Handed 2012 - because... Bought a '50 's Tribute—the P-90 's being a major factor in my decision 499 ( discontinued closeout ) on! Of a series that also includes a Firebird Studio and SG Studio complementary... And upload them many things a better-feeling neck than what other SG models have Tribute 2012 the up... The part of a series that also includes a Firebird Studio and SG Studio complementary. > Col Mustard Well-Known Member: Follow this product right now dial in the £400s joined: 29! A Firebird Studio and SG Studio with complementary features, may 29, 2009 Messages: 7,960 Likes Received 8,009! Factor in my decision more who used to have one you like one in the San east... The room seen it hanging on their Gibson wall for sale over the past couple weeks made! Maple, Dual Blade Alnico mini humbucker equipped hardtail guitar so this fit the bill perfectly things.

Real Bacon Bits Not Refrigerated, Short Essay On Trees, Downton Abbey Dresses Plus Size, Jason Apricot Deodorant, Bmw 3 Series Air Intake Location,

Leave a reply